Visit the markets of Provence
The markets are a true symbol of the Provence-Alpes-Côte-d’Azur region. Inhabitants and tourists mix with local producers and craftsmen to do their shopping and discover new flavours, new aromas typical of Provence. During your stay at Camp du Domaine, in Bormes-les-Mimosas, enjoy the local markets, within walking distance and just a few minutes from the Camp du Domaine.
Markets near the Camp du Domaine
Although you can find everything you need at Camp du Domaine, we advise you to take the time to discover the markets of Bormes-les-Mimosas and La Favière, accessible only a few minutes’ walk from the campsite.
- The main market in the Old Village, Bormes-les-Mimosas
Open all year, from 7 am to 1 pm
- The market of La Favière ( accessible by foot )
Open during the holiday season, on Saturdays between 7 am to 1 pm
- The market of Le Lavandou, very popular, every Thursday morning tous les jeudis matin.
During the low-season, the campsite offers you the possibility of a shuttle bus to drive you there
- The night craft markets in La Favière, in July and August, On Mondays from 5 pm to midnight; At the Old Village, Bormes-les-Mimosas, in July and August, from 5 pm to midnight.
Provencal food products you can find at local markets
Among the many food products that you will find on the markets in Bormes-les-Mimosas or La Favière, we recommend you taste:
- Fish that has just arrived straight from the port the same morning: whiting, sea bream, monkfish, sea bass, red mullet (in summer), octopus, lobster, sardine …
- Bouillabaisse, famous traditional Marseille dish
- Olives, the emblem of Provence, varieties which are so numerous that they will stun you!
- Garlic, thyme, olive oil and herbs of Provence, to flavour your dishes and give them local aromas
- Cheese: goat, sheep cheese
- Fougasse: a marvel for an aperitif!
- Fruits: the fig of Solliès
Craftsmanship in Provençal markets
Do not leave Provence without a souvenir like an original creation or a cosmetic product for example. Here are some typical Provençal product ideas:
- Boutis provençal, a quilted textile sometimes embroidered
- Provençal tablecloths, napkins and placemats
- Oil paintings representing the landscapes and villages of Provence
- Marseille soap, appreciated for its many benefits
- Lavender essential oils, used in herbal medicine for their well-known virtues
- Moustiers faience and ceramic products
- Sculptures in olive wood, a traditional art and a unique know-how
- The santons of Provence, result of careful manual work
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
Excursions organized by the campsite’s entertainment team beside summer time and school holidays, allowing you to visit unmissable places in Provence by mini-bus, accompanied by a guide.
Charming medieval village a few minutes’ walk from the campsite. Lovers of old stones and nature, discover this place and its many treasures.
Take off and discover a selection of mythical and unmissable places of the region: Cannes, Cassis, Grasse, Marseille, Saint-Paul-de-Vence …
Discreet or less discreet beaches, surrounded by luxurious vegetation, just a few moments from the campsite. Beaches dedicated to families, younger ones, older ones, naturist ones, there is one for every taste !
Our quality labels